Thursday, June 25, 2009

SONG KERNELS, PROMPTS!!!!

Broken this fragile thing now, and I can't pick up the pieces, and i've thrown my words all around and i can't, give you a reason. i feel so broken up and i give up, i won't walk out until you know................
here i come, scream my lungs out and try to get to you, you are my only one, i'll let go but there's just no one that gets me like you do, you are my only one

P.S: You don't know what it's like to love somebody the way I love you!

Can I just digress for a minute……….. I just read this prompt that will have me starting the title of my poem with the words, “Don’t you…. Here’s my first attempt:

DON’T YOU THINK YOU’RE ALONE

Walking under starlight, the heavens smile at me
I smile back in understanding,
It’s a language we get to speak
I stare at the shadows before me
I’m scared I might be falling
Turn the corner in time to see
Not endless night but day,
The streets are filled with strangers
And I’m not alone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment