Sunday, June 7, 2009

MY INQUISITIVE MIND WANTS TO KNOW

Single to some people means all the sex you can have, others translate it to bidding their time till the right person comes along, for others all it spells is loneliness. I struggle to figure out where I fit in………. My single friends thought I’d sold out when I got into a serious relationship, being a serial dater and all, but I feel some things get old after a while, after all some have even gone and gotten married! Talk of selling out! I’m so happy they found love, do not get me wrong, I’m not against marriage.

“Beauty is fleeting, other things are forever.”

Does getting married equal growing up? How do you even equate the two? So if I’m 50 and single, does that make me immature? The world and all its labels! You gotta hate it sometimes! I’m against getting married for validation. It does mark the grand finale of man-searching, but also ushers in at best a partner you can occasionally talk to about children, or how bad you think they’re doing at school…………

Whatever happened to figuring yourself out then finding someone with the same views? Is marriage turning into something you try on to see if it fits? (Shoot me I’m too old fashioned for this generation). Is there anything like the marrying kind? How do I know if I’m one? I’m just trying to aim beyond what I see around me.

P.S. I don’t know what I’ll do if two years from now I’m still single coz the guy I made a pact with is now happily married and totally oblivious of the fact that I even exist! This marriage talk is definitely not over!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. . . Well, modern marriage is a mess for a majority of those who enter into it these days. Many of the traditional reasons to get hooked up are almost mythical - no woman to cook or clean, thats the maid's job, having more sex in the honeymoon than you ever will in the next 20yrs etc, etc. So its only natural to tread carefully, and am not saying its a good thing to mark time till you're 50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not waiting till 50 but damn! tick tock tick tock.....

    ReplyDelete