Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I DON’T LABEL MYSELF

Funny thing happened to me today; someone I hardly know said I was a snob! In all fairness, rather than lead him on I chose to stay away and for all my efforts I got labeled!!! Just because I can figure out pretty quickly whether I’m interested in someone or not does it mean I should compromise myself for the sake of someone’s ego? Is this what society expects of me? To go out on a date leading nowhere for the sake of peace? Just so someone’s feelings won’t be hurt? Can’t we be a bit selfish when it comes to deciding about matters of the heart?? I am a monogamist, maybe that’s what I should’ve said upfront, would’ve been different if I at least had a chance to get a word in……..I’m pretty up front about the things I want, no sugar coating for me. This Mr. Right now stuff is getting pretty tricky me thinks! Sigh.

That’s why the next time someone wants to add me to his list of conquests I will politely decline, I refuse to be added to a list of people anyone has had the chance to devour. I do things on my terms…. Most of the time! When I was younger I did what kids do, but now that I’m older, I’ve gotten a bit wiser. Is it ok to enjoy the “benefits” a short term affair offers, just for the sake of lust? I’m confused. But not frigid. Just conscious. I believe in love and everything it has to offer, hopeless romantic I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment