Tuesday, October 20, 2009

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

I’ve had to read a lot about love these past couple of days coz for real for real, I was this close(gesticulating) to letting hate creep into my life because of certain people and certain situations. So now I’ve learnt how easy it is to let trifling things mess up our love walk with God. Here are important lessons I’ve learnt about love:
We need to stop putting conditions on love, people don’t have to love us back for us to love them, God doesn’t love us because of our actions, He loves us in spite of them and we should endeavour to do the same. There’s no fear in love, it is your power so you might as well use it to glorify God. Love does make the world go round and hence forth I’m practicing love.... I know how hard it is to forgive someone who’s hurt us, all we think of is hurting them back. A little exercise that’s helping me is to just take a step back and imagine God treating me the same way I treat people who’ve wronged me. That always gets me back on the right path.
My second best inspirational book says:
There’s always a lot to be thankful for, if you take time to look for it.
Broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.
Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened
Did you know you could actually practice being in awe? How cool is that? I’m practicing! Peace & Love y’all
Happy birthday Abdul!! May all your dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. While I'll be the first to agree you are right about forgiveness; I believe revenge fast then forgive later gives double joy. God also says an eye for an eye. I know forgiving is devine but gosh; revenge is sweet. Works for me everytime.

    ReplyDelete